Thursday, November 20, 2008

I was actually googl-ing on appropriate food container for frozen prawns
packaging when I stumbled upon this article ; Kanser Dari Bekas Makanan.



The white coffin?Ouch!!


It's a shame that I've zero knowledge pertaining this.
Actually I've kinda heard that we are not advised to use
polystyrene but not to the extent that it could be that harmful
I mean, this is pretty serious, isn't it?

I thought the bring-your-own-tupperware campaign is merely for
recycling and green earth purposes, but how wrong was I.

Hmm.. I further googled and found this : Facts on Polystyrene
Well it seems that polystyrene is safe and complies with the Food Regulations Act
but we should avoid using it for hot and oily food as it will promote the
migration of styrene-which some defined as one cancer contributor.
Oh no, I believe that has been its sole purpose ever since.

Anyways, we need to read more to fully understand all this
or much much better, if to be guided and educated accordingly.

So, I am just posting this as a gentle reminder to all of us that
maybe this is the time for a serious action forward

Maybe we could start;

i) bringing our own lunchbox or
ii) be more selective on food packaging


Have a good lunch :)


p/s: I know I am wayyyy behind, hehe that's the direct consequence
for opting Oprah over Buletin Utama

hihi :D

Love from,
(Ex-) Young Environmental Club Follower

8 comments:

miss pumpkin (reen) said...

2 thumbs up..

From now onwards, let's bring our own lunchbox to 'tapau'.

XoxO

~Ibu Anggun~ said...

owh..

good.

finally i have allies here ;)

i used to persuade freinds to start bringing tuppaware if we want to tapau food. but they laugh at me :(

now i think WE may change a thing or two about it :)

HURRAY!!

aifaa said...

hihi.bagus la u all...

i'm an ex-member of kelab pencinta alam (alaa...rindu skolah) but i learnt nothing.seriously,all we do is get belanja-ed by,ehem, cikg.yusuf(who used to 'light' up mc lyn's life)and watch tomato man dalam bilik AV.duh...

elyna griffin said...

jane & reen,

yup babe,, time to CHANGE

aifaa,
hey me pun kelab pencinta alam ..haha mcain lah org kuat kan.
cikgu yusuf? haha. we used to hv a pet name kan for him? anyways who's tomato man? sounds familiar tho

miss pumpkin (reen) said...

aiffa,
i agree with u..cikgu yusof kan mcm hehehe.

lintok,
tomato man tu kartun yg hbs je club meeting & kte g tgok kt tvroom....tomato, tomato, tomatomatok..(miss d old days =(()

Anonymous said...

entry yg bagus. :)

btw sist, i tagged u again. hehe

Anggerek said...

luv this entry, thanks lyn. but paling suke part cite2 lame kat sekolah dulu...miss u gurls :)

elyna griffin said...

yelah rindu skolah...plus tgh imagine reen nyanyi sambil goyang kepala..hihi :)