"Everything has its time and place, so don’t worry if you don’t get what you want right now."
-papertissue


I slept after sahur after watching Twillight
I know, I am that crazy.. still have time to watch movie in the morning? hehe
and when I woke up it was raining outside
and even when I was driving to work
it was really cold and the traffic was really slow
I dont really blog much these days especially about this..
but today I felt lonely.. and it hit me really hard
I thought about my departure to LJMU .. InsyaAllah middle of Nov
and the Uni College London (UCL) offer last friday
God knows how much I wanted to got to UCL
I went for a semi interview last year
when they have a rep coming down to KL
and then I was busy with my Masters that I had little time
to prepare the Phd proposal yadayada and
finally this year after sending the new proposal
I kinda lost hope of waiting, and proceeded with other unis
and when I'm in the middle of processing my departure
here comes the offer.
sigh.
I am contemplating hard now
but I know I dont really have an option
my appeal to study in UK was granted solely for
I have two sponsors, first parent LJMU for the study fees
and our own parent the ministry for my living expenses
If not for the bursary offer from LJMU, perhaps
I am now in back-up options; Aussie or NZealand
spending my raya with buckets of tears sobsob..
The ministry's only accepting Oxford or Cambridge
for unconditional scholarship offer to UK
which means even u're allotted for local slots but if u manage
to secure any place from the two then u can fly happily to UK
even ranked at 7th World Top Uni, the ministry's not having sufficient fund
to send me to UCL
So at this point of life
I think I am learning to let go
letting go of something that's within my reach but
definitely not something that I can own
It's hard..the battle inside me
I dont want to decline UCL
but I dont want to lose LJMU
LJMU is a star on its own
the strength point is that it's in the UK's top 5
in the research area especially in my field
and I'll get the chance to deliver some lectures there
and most importantly they fought hard to reward me the bursary
I still find it hard to let go of UCL
sigh.. I dont know..
:(


8 comments:
Way to go girl.
see, u don't hv to worry since UCL itself is in the UK top 5 uni. am really2 proud of u.
I know how it feels when we want sumthing badly & in return we get 'sumthing different'. It's ok babe.U,ve already made it half way.Only 1 step further dear & u'll be there.
Take care & all d best. Mwahs
thank u reen, i know bith ljmu and ucl are perfect. but it's really hard to learn to let go of my dream to enroll into ucl.. :(
buat solat hajat Lyn, bg tenang hati.
=), I'll gv u call.
dun worry lyn, there's something good behind this.
i always pray for your best. take care dear.
wherever u are..i know you'll be fine :)
Lyn dear,
LJMU LJMU LJMU LJMU LJMU
LJMU LJMU LJMU LJMU LJMU
LJMU LJMU LJMU LJMU LJMU
there u'll be
there u'll be
there u'll be
:)
sape tahu..things are much better for you there..because that will be your place..insya Allah..ade hikmah tu..
congratulations & ALL THE BEST dear :)
hugs..
hey...
u know we can hope so much for one thing but in the end,if we truly have faith pd ketentuan Allah,insyaallah He will decide what's best for us.
“Boleh jadi kamu membenci sesuatu, padahal ia amat baik bagimu, dan boleh jadi (pula) kamu menyukai sesuatu, padahal ia amat buruk bagimu; Allah mengetahui, sedang kamu tidak mengetahui.”
ps: i know it's hard to let go of dreams but trust me, u'll see the silver lining. :)
miss you.
thanks loves, i cant never thank you enough. i am sticking to what i have in my hand now. thank you again. love you all.
xoxo
Post a Comment