First Half of 07: The Book Sense Assessment

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I love reading .It’s just the simplest thing that makes you alive. It’s heartening to read simple yet exquisite sentences bringing new senses and atmosphere close to your heart. I started reading when I was about 4.
I don’t exactly remember how I started that but I definitely will not forget a night under the dining table in my house when I was that age:

Mum : You have to finish the book before you go to bed
Me : *Sob..sob* (crying)
Mum : You have to!
Me : I dun want.. (still crying)
Mum : Suit yourself!

10 seconds later

Me :*Sob..sob* The thuuunder roareddd and ..*sob sob* the rain pourrred down..*sob sob*…

(*Accompanied by distance laughters of my siblings)

I continued reading another last paragraph of the ladybird storybook in an extremely deep cry foul. Yes, I somehow felt that it was not fair for mum forcing me to read the book.
Why I was under the table? I hardly remember the pre-drama scenes.
Well anyway, that was just a peek of my home school session. Hehe

Yes, my mother was a teacher and I can vouch you that I am her most stubborn student. Albeit the whines and dramas that I used to give her; I am very much thankful for her great diligence & love in turning me into who I am today. It was her who kindled my interest in books.

Mak, Love you & Thank you for believing in me when I decided to quit kindergarten
Now that sounds weird, isn’t it?
(Yes, I only went to kindergarten for 1 month. I stopped attending one from the day I came back home complaining how much we were wasting our time as I had advanced in my home school)
Haha I was pretty much a protester


Back to where we took a halt.
Here goes The (lamentable) Reading List for the first half of 2007
(not in sequence)

Done

  • Harlen Coben’s Deal Breaker and Drop Shot
  • Harlen Coben’s Tell No One
  • Audrey Niffenegger’s Time Traveler’s Wife (the 3rd time)
  • Mike Gayle’s His ‘n’ hers
  • Kim Edward’s The Memory Keeper’s Daughter
  • Ruth Klein’s Time Mngmt Secrets for Working Women
  • Mark The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
  • A few others that are not mine

Halfway

  • Allison Pearson’s I Don’t Know How She Does It
  • The National Book Foundation’s The Book That Changed My Life

In Queue

  • Janice Harayda’s Manahttan On the Rocks
  • Jeff Davidson’s 60 Quick Tips for Getting Organized

Now Reading

  • Mark Haddon’s A Spot of Bother


Recently Bought: Last Wednesday

  • Barty’s Home Office Planner

Recently Borrowed: Today

  • White’s Maintenance Planning, Control and Documentation

Mobile Books

  • Car : Teri’s Burnt Toast
  • Office Bag : Kent’s Residential Property Management Handbook
  • Leisure Bag : Any of those being read halfway

Conclusion:

I am obviously attached to fictions all the times and occasionally attracted to non-fictions JUST to meet some needs.


It‘s almost 7 now.I need to find pingu my cat. I just miss him.Anyway yeay for me!I finished a crappy entry today and succeeded in my evening-nap-escape.weheee

10 points for today’s escapade.


Self Note-During Trips to Borders @ Times Warehouse Sale

I shall not buy any of those books with interestingly designed covers and vague synopsis on the backside as it will only give a top-up to the Used-To-Get-A-Start reading piles in the brown basket. (Not giving a list of the said ones. hehe)

Not buying or grabbing a book is actually NOT a sin.
I just knew it.

0 comments: