In my lil cocoon

Monday, February 25, 2008

I so looove Oprah’s episode today which was basically on fresh and interesting stuff. Cindy Crawford came over and made some strawberry pies. And Ivanka Trump brought the audience into view of her nice cozy apartment which is surprisingly filled with not so much of luxuries instead more of typical personal favourites. Same with other two TV personalities that I failed to recall the names displaying some fav stuff on the stage.


That really turned me on to well.., maybe show some stuff that I fancy in my room :) I love collecting unique & rare stuff that are mostly can be found from antique store, bargain sales, flea market, garage sale or car boots. Most of them are definitely affordable but somehow very hard to find. It is very important for me to make sure that my lil room is decorated with my own exquisite taste coz I spend most of time in my room. I buy what I love, even something that might not be attractive to someone else but what matters most is it is to me.hehe
So there you go. Let’s see some things that I live with everyday :)


This is the recently-made corner of the room. I bought the flowers from Wondermilk early last year. Right next to it, I filled my oval basket that I bought from a small rattan store along Pudu Road with my selected magazines that are mostly of Home Beautiful Magazines, Getting Organized and stuff. And that one, yes.. my only pair of room slippers.


4 sets of white flip-flops in white frame from Ikea


The trusty green cd shelf

My chest drawer display. Bought most of the stuff in UK

The red vintage make-up bag that was given by my mum. Oh and I love plates, I literally have them everywhere in my room

My mini library and super books, and another small plate.

One of the ornaments that I just love hanging on any hooks

Unique mirror from Chorley's car boot bargains

My simple mini office, must sit here at least 5hours per day for either reading or dreaming.heehe

I have to say that I love this corner the most. My mug and its coaster and cover, polka-dot plate from a super plates store in Ampang, copper pot that I got from Amcorp flea market, and pink hippo cell holder


And this is my most fav teddy, can’t sleep without this little bear.wehee



So that's pretty much about my collection of fav stuff. I love collecting such stuff.That’s just me. I indulge designer’s clothes, bags and shoes. And I fancy bargain finds. So it’s kinda balance.hehe perfect balance.



5 comments:

Anggerek said...

cool bedroom, very creative

Sarah B. said...

Hehe... thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. Gosh your room is so neat and pretty!! I miss having it that way but now not nearly very possible since I'm married i.e. I live with a BOY! ;)

daniadanis said...

wow whee...

young and sweet and cute..:)

elyna griffin said...

angerek & daniadanis,

thanks but it's not really cool u know.hehe

sarah b,

thanks, yours must be prettier :)

anyway,bet when living with a boy, stocking/shoes issue will become one of the critical issues?hehee

Sarah B. said...

oh yeah... dirty socks in every possible corner, dirty clothes under the bed, backpacks and messy files along pathways, uncapped bottles of everything, receipts lying around everywhere which they get upset when you throw them out... you get the idea. Gotta take the good with the bad ;)