damn.damn.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I did a really dumb thing today.and I just realised that 5mins ago.

Last night I was pissed off with home internet connection.I was beyond devastated such thing happened again when I really wanted to use the net. So I kept a clear head and struggled restarting the router, plugging and unplugging the sockets and all that. I got all fed up with that and really envied the other connections appeared on the wireless network list.damn. I called the TM technical department and despite few attempts to configure the problems were made on the phone, the connection was still off.

Surprisingly the TM technician gave a breakfast ring today. and when things failed to show any good signs, he came over and checked the line and router. he tried connecting my lappie with the router using the network cable and wallaaaah, Google page appeared. I stopped grinning when he told that the wireless part or something of the router must be faulty as only connection using network cable succeeded.

Frustrated over not having the convenience to get connected from room, telly lounge and living room I decided to go to Digital Mall and get the damn router reconfigured or changed as it is still under warranty. Since I had to drive out , I thought I might as well get the car insurance renewal thingy done.

So I drove back to my old office and met the lady who promised to assist me with the payment and the transfer of 10% discount from agent's name to my name,, and I passed all the forms for her magic work. I had to come back and collect it later as she needed to make necessary arrangements and all. So from Dang Wangi I drove to PJ and went straight to All IT Hypermarket. The technical guy checked and called the other personnel who I believed must be his superior or supervisor and he showed me my home network was on the wireless list as he plugged in my router. damn damn. So he told me that there was nothing wrong with the router and that I should bring back the router. I might be a little cruel when I said this, but I hate they way he uttered every word. He had this very conceited tone in every word he said. Such a snob! Duh.When I asked what could probably be the cause when router is proved functioning? he smiled and said 90% could come from the user configuration or setting (ppl just love playing around internet setting?) and only 10% of the possibility could be caused by faulty software.

I realised that I was getting more and more irritated at his answers and comments to my technical questions, so I left. Ok, I know I am not good with this computer thingy but I only asked on the possible causes and status on the router system. I went through A LOT to reach there and didnt want to just head back home clueless. So I was in autopilot mode- drove back to the insurance company, to post office-renewed the road tax, claimed for rebate and just when I was about to renew my driving license, the system was down.damn damn. The license will expire in 2 weeks time and tho I could always come some other time, I just hate it when the initial plan has to be changed,, especially when CONNECTION is the problem.

Sigh. I hate it when I couldnt get everything that I planned done. But at least I managed to get the car insurance and rebate claim done.ok I just got B+ today.

So I went home,, took my bath coz it was effing hot today and plugged in the router and turned on my lappie. I somehow felt like checking the wireless and bluetooth side button.and guess what it was turned OFF and I just turned it back on. urm. then everything else was history.

argh!!!!


So I have (unconsciously, I believe) turned the button off? Or not?
And of course Pingu is my prime suspect. He slept right next to my lappie last night.

I couldn't say a word. I felt stupid. I dont think there's anyone dumbier than me.
I rule the dumb world.

So I scored F- today.

p/s:I still hate that i-know-everything technical guy. tho what he said was oklah true jugak.huh, (damn, i hate to admit this).


Stupid? I know
Hehe.






6 comments:

Anggerek said...

heheheh,

what's a dramatic story...;)

forget about everything happened, the most important thing now, u manage to update this blog for me to read.

fyi m ur fan of ur blog ;)

miss pumpkin (reen) said...

Dear, i know how it feels. The same sort of thing happened to me twice (or maybe more). I could only laugh to myself. ;)..

~Ibu Anggun~ said...

i know what u've gone trough.. hehehe..

we are so determined to solve the mystery.. making calls, driving around and asking around like we are about to complete the thesis about that matter only to discover our carelessness wins over our tonnes of effort.

anyways.. hahaha..

at last u manage to laugh at the end.. u still win :)

Anonymous said...

careless lah tu.
hehe. atleast boleh jadi cerita tuk update blog =)

peja said...

haha i bet if you hate yourself for not checking in the frist place kan :P

Anonymous said...

sist, i tag u. take a look. =)