Monday, August 25, 2008

I realised that I have been whining about and messing up on my 'journey' to complete the research. well sorry you've had to read all that. hehe

Truth is thing is a lil bit crucial at the moment.. what scares me off is whether I can complete it within the remaining time? Most people that I met said that normally ppl took 3 semesters minimum to complete the dissertation whereas mine is designed for 2 semesters. But I believe that there must be reasons when the justification of period for each course were made. So I guess it's the mindset.

So I talk to myself a lot lately.. and I am gaining my confidence back. Decided to change on a few approaches and I am truly happy things are getting clearer and a lot better.

I didnt actually try on the real challenging ones, but I tried waking up early. It's actually against my study habit well shall I say since I was 13? but I am really surprised with the outcome,, I regret not knowing that the quiet hours that I can have between 5.30 am to 10.00 am is actually the best time to generate ideas. So that's basically what I am doing now even on weekends (tho 5.30am is a lil tough for now hehe) and I am relieved that many a time I managed to fight that conversation in my head that's constantly urging for another snooze whenever I turn the alarm off.hihi.


I also read a few articles on the productivity and time management, and I re-planned the whole thing again, this time to the bite sized chunks. and true enough, it made me feel like I am accomplishing the little goals and if I work consistently I won't have problem achieving the big ones InsyaAllah.

So those steps have helped me going through the whole research thing phase by phase. and every day I am looking forward to waking up early and having that peaceful hours to brainstorm as many ideas as possible.

I honestly feel that people need to always improvise the way they lead life. My turn is a bit late but I am happy I finally came to that point.



I love reading anything related to this area and it's always the first thing that I try to find in the bookshop. Thought I'd just share some insightful ones with you : 1, 2, 3
Disappointingly, these productivity issues are rarely being discussed and covered in our society.

Oh and tomorrow's a big day for permatang pauh.. I've strangely developed this interest in politics starting with the comic stories that are getting just funnier each day now :D



4 comments:

~Ibu Anggun~ said...

lyn,
the 2nd article is very useful.
esp for me..
well... u know me..
;)

~Ibu Anggun~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anggerek said...

useful info...thank you

daniadanis said...

so very worth sharing..