Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Let's see..

Just finished doing the laundry. Since I didnt go back to bed after sahur then it's considered that I've already had breakfast. I've showered and dressed. and I'm ready to continue with the scholarly journals (boring).

Today is the 16th day of Ramadan which means that we literally have 2 more weeks before raya.
Raya will insyaAllah be the same as the previous ones, just hope this year will be merrier :)

Missed being a kid,, getting all excited about raya clothes which I clearly remember that I always had two kurungs and at least a raya gown/dress. The latter one was a must.haha. and my cousin and I would discuss the colour, fashion (like we were really into it) and matching coin purse, coz I didnt know how to carry a handbag back in those days.hehe

Really missed that. But I've never had the chance to experience raya in real kampung. Never had tried playing fireworks in the bush, never been scolded for running around busy aunties cooking rendang, ketupat and all. I just saw all these on tv. What a shame.

What about you? Do you miss your raya when u were a clumsy lil kid?

Sorry I didnt wish you guys properly last time. here goes... selamat berpuasa :)

Let us take the opportunity of the holy month to gain by giving up, to prosper by going without and to grow stronger by enduring weakness.


Let's remind each other that Ramadan is the best time for our inner reflection, devotion to Allah, and self-control. InsyaAllah

4 comments:

aifaa said...

insya Allah dear.
selamat berpuasa+beribadah. :)

daniadanis said...

dh 16th of ramadhan but i still have no baju raya..not yet n currently not so into.. m not excited maybe..dont know..xde baju raya pun xpe..

ya..rindu excitement of raya masa dlu2..but im sure..being this age..the excitement is just there but in a diff way..

selamat menjalani ramadhan too..

Anggerek said...

miss the good old days...

kalo dulu dikejar, skrg mengejar. kalo dulu dimarahi, skrg memarahi. mangsanye ialah my little nieces and nephews.heheheheh

still excited nk celebrate raya, coz only on raya session my family manage to berkumpul together.

peja said...

k.lyn, you never played fireworks ke?
aduhhhh you missed out on the best part of raya.
and btw, thanks for the comment :)